Shipping & Returns
In-stock orders will probably take about 7-14 business days to reach a customer. Any custom orders will take approximately 6-8 weeks. Direct shipments are made to continental U.S. locations only. Special provisions apply to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, as outlined below.
FireplaceChoice.com does not charge shipping on items with a free shipping icon next to them on our website when shipped to US locations, except for Alaska and Hawaii. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible for free shipping, and the customer is responsible for all duties and tariffs on shipments to those locations.
We use UPS or FedEx for smaller items, and larger items go via freight. We reserve the right to choose which Freightways carries your shipment. We do not, however, control the shipping companies (freight or UPS). Once a shipment is in the hands of the delivery company, we cannot change shipping addresses, we cannot make a delivery happen on a certain day, and we can only approximate delivery times as we only have the information the delivery company makes available to us. Please understand that our staff would love to have more direct control over shipments so that we could ensure an amazing customer service experience every time.
All shipments, unless specifically denoted, are curb-side shipments. All larger shipments, shipped via freight carrier, will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, FireplaceChoice.com cannot be held responsible for damages that may occur during delivery.
Remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees. This applies to Free Shipping and regular shipping orders. If this is the case with your order, a Customer Service representative will contact you promptly to notify you of any additional charges.
It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of any problems with this type of delivery at the time of purchase. FireplaceChoice.com is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered due to a shipping company’s inability to deliver to a particular location. Certain circumstances may include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. In-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and is not necessarily available even if the customer is willing to pay more for it.
If an item is shipped and returned because it is not deliverable due to an incorrect address, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways. Orders for larger items that must ship freight require the shipping company to contact the customer prior to delivery. If the product is returned because the freight company could not reach the customer, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Make sure to inspect your order upon delivery for damages and correct count, there is only a 48-hour window in which to do so. If there is a problem with your order, please contact us right away!
We want you to love what you buy! But if you don’t, we offer a simple “No Hassle Returns” policy. We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 30 days of delivery for a refund (minus the original and return shipping costs incurred by FireplaceChoice). Naturally, if your return is because of our error, you are not responsible for any shipping costs.
- If your return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first work with you to get the product repaired. If repair is not possible, then we’ll work with you to get it replaced.
- If your return will be coming back via freight truck, we will require you to provide us a photo before your return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone pic! We just need a “before” picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to us.
- To expedite the returns process, before shipping the item(s) back, make sure they are clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage, and (if necessary) you note all defects along with the photos taken.
Important information about refund eligibility:
To be eligible for a “No Hassle Return,” items must be returned within 30 days of delivery in “Like New” condition. “Like New” condition is when a returned item is unused, unassembled, and has been returned in the original packaging.
- Full refunds do not apply to certain items, including clearance items, gift cards, gift certificates, items that have been personalized, and items clearly marked as “non-returnable,” such as products sold as “Warehouse Deals.”
- The costs of return shipping are deducted from your refund or merchandise credit.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item has been inspected by us in our warehouse.
- Refunds must be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other forms of payment used in the original transaction.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item is inspected upon return delivery.
- FireplaceChoice.com reserves the right to refuse a refund on a returned item if:
- The item that has been returned does not match the original item shipped to the customer.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging.
- The item was damaged during the return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been obviously heavily used (such as significant charcoal buildup inside a grill).
- The item has been assembled in a way that would impede proper packaging for return shipping.