Shipping & Returns
In-stock orders will probably take about 3-7 business days to reach a customer. Any custom orders will take approximately 6-8 weeks. Direct shipments are made to continental U.S. locations only. Special provisions apply to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, as outlined below.
FireplaceChoice.com does not charge shipping on items with a free shipping icon next to them on our website when shipped to US locations, except for Alaska and Hawaii. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible for free shipping, and the customer is responsible for all duties and tariffs on shipments to those locations.
We use UPS or FedEx for smaller items, and larger items go via freight. We reserve the right to choose which Freightways carries your shipment. We do not, however, control the shipping companies (freight or UPS). Once a shipment is in the hands of the delivery company, we cannot change shipping addresses, we cannot make a delivery happen on a certain day, and we can only approximate delivery times as we only have the information the delivery company makes available to us. Please understand that our staff would love to have more direct control over shipments so that we could ensure an amazing customer service experience every time.
All shipments, unless specifically denoted, are curb-side shipments. All larger shipments, shipped via freight carrier, will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, FireplaceChoice.com cannot be held responsible for damages that may occur during delivery.
Remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees. This applies to Free Shipping and regular shipping orders. If this is the case with your order, a Customer Service representative will contact you promptly to notify you of any additional charges.
It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of any problems with this type of delivery at the time of purchase. FireplaceChoice.com is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered due to a shipping company’s inability to deliver to a particular location. Certain circumstances may include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. In-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and is not necessarily available even if the customer is willing to pay more for it.
Free Curbside Delivery is standard on your order. Inside Delivery is available on all items that ship via freight carrier for an additional charge of $95.00. Inside Delivery consists of product placement inside your ground floor threshold. You will be able to select your preferred method of shipment during checkout. Please contact us with any questions or special requests.
If an item is shipped and returned because it is not deliverable due to an incorrect address, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways. Orders for larger items that must ship freight require the shipping company to contact the customer prior to delivery. If the product is returned because the freight company could not reach the customer, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Receiving Your Shipment:
We are committed to making sure you are satisfied with our products. Your order is inspected prior to shipment to ensure all items are in excellent condition before they leave our facilities. Although our products are packaged securely to prevent any damage it's possible that in rare cases, damages may occur during shipment.
Before signing for the shipment inspect the carton and contents. You should have a knife, hammer, pry bar and wire cutters on hand to help open the carton. Should you notice any damage, please note it on the bill of lading, refuse the shipment and contact us immediately.
"NOTE: The most important thing to remember about truck freight is that when you sign for the delivery you are legally accepting the product as delivered in good condition. Therefore, it is extremely important that you inspect the product prior to signing the delivery receipt. If there is damage to the carton or the product, please write "CONTENTS DAMAGED" clearly on the delivery receipt that the driver is asking you to sign, then sign. This insures that your damage issue will be easily resolved.
NOTE: We cannot be held responsible for the cost of repairs or replacement of damaged items if there is no notation on the freight delivery receipt. If you are unable to inspect the contents at the time of delivery, prior to signing note on the delivery receipt “CARTON DAMAGED” if there are any blemishes, scuffs, crinkles, tears, rips, wetness, etc. The contents can be damaged by mishandlings such as drops that may only blemish the carton slightly. Immediately, within 24 hours of delivery, contact us regarding any damage.
We want you to love what you buy! But if you don’t, we offer a simple “No Hassle Returns” policy. We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 30 days of delivery for a refund (minus the original and return shipping costs incurred by FireplaceChoice) Naturally, if your return is because of our error, you are not responsible for any shipping costs.
Items that are not eligible for return include the following:
- Used items, including items that have been installed or assembled.
- Clearance items.
- Warehouse Deal Items.
- Custom-made, special-order and made-to-order products.
- Items marked “non-returnable” in the item description.
- Items requested outside of the 30-day return period.
There are no returns or refunds on any Electrical or Gas parts including any Millivolt, AC or DC controlled devices include remotes kits, remote receivers, remote transmitters, millivolt controlled Liquid Propane Gas or Natural Gas valves, Electronic Ignition control devices, circuits boards, relays, limit switches, drive motors, pump motors or other electrical service parts and accessories that have been unpackaged from their factory packaging.
If your item qualifies for return you can start the process by going to FireplaceChoice.com/returns. Please be aware of the following information regarding how this process will proceed:
- All shipping (to and from) costs are deducted from the refund.
- You will receive an email confirming we received your request that will include additional details on the process.
- An itemized Return Authorization, return shipping labels, and detailed instructions will be emailed to you upon approval. Approved returns must be returned within 30 days of receiving approval.
- If your return will be coming back via freight truck, we will require you provide us a photo before your return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone picture! We just need a “before” picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to us.
- Your return must be properly packaged in the original outer & inner packaging to help reduce damage and include all original parts, manuals, pieces, packing slips, etc.
- After Fireplace Choice receives and inspects the return, your refund will be issued to the original payment method. The processing time for the refund will depend on the payment option used for the order.
- Any items returned outside of this process or 30-day period are not eligible for a refund.
- Any items returned on your own are not eligible for a refund.
In the rare instance that you receive a defective product, most of the manufacturers we carry have great processes to assists so you should check your manual for details.
If you are advised to contact us, our knowledgeable Support team will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process. Please be aware of the following information we need and how the process normally proceeds:
- The defective item must still be within the manufacturer’s warranty period.
- You will need to supply any serial numbers, a description of issue, and any pictures or video depicting the issue.
- We will attempt to troubleshoot with you to verify that it is a defect.
- We report this to the manufacturer to begin the claim.
- The manufacturer will review the claim, then they will approve or reject it.
- The time for the manufacturer to respond may vary depending on the manufacturer’s internal processes.
- If approved, the warranty process begins and service, parts, repair or any combination of those as needed will be provided in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Some parts or items may need to be returned to the manufacturer for quality control. We will advise you of this.
- Fireplace Choice is not responsible for reimbursement of any labor costs or project delays that may occur due to the receipt of defective goods. We recommend that you wait to schedule installation until after your order has arrived and items have been fully inspected.
- All shipments should be opened and inspected within 48 hours of delivery in accordance with our Delivery Inspection policy. It is recommended that you check for visible defect at this time as well as damage to prevent any delays with getting to use your item(s).
If your item has a defect outside of the warranty period:
- We will not be able to facilitate a claim to the manufacturer.
- Any replacement parts or whole units at this point can be purchased by you through Fireplace Choice. Contact us for pricing and availability
If you receive a damaged item, you must notify us within five (5) business days of delivery. Open and inspect all items upon delivery. If you are not installing your product right away, you will still need to open and inspect everything for damage.
Damage reported within 5 business days of delivery:
- Refuse the item with the carrier if you’re able to do so.
- If you accept the item, report damage to us (after inspecting box and inner items/contents) within 5 business days. Call 1- 800-963-5724.
- We will then offer parts, a discount to keep as is, or allow a return for refund/replacement.
- Item can NOT be used in any way.
- If you choose to keep the item for a discount, you have 5 business days to reply to accept or reject the discount offer from us (again, do not use your item during this time until final offer/resolution is agreed upon).
- Keep all of the packaging, the box and all items/pieces, in the event the item needs to return to us.
Damage reported after 5 business days:
- No refunds, store credits, or free parts will be offered or issued. This is non-negotiable. We will only be able to sell you replacement parts for a repair.
- This is outside of our time frame to file any claims with the carrier or manufacturer/shipping warehouse.
- Since no return will be approved during this time, you are free to use the item, if you wish.
- We may require pictures of the item to determine the parts potentially needed.